1. - Hey! Did you tell Dave about the surprise birthday
party we’re organising for him?
- Yes, I thought he knew about it. I’m sorry – I’ve let the cat
out of the bag.
2. - I’m interested in renting your beach house for the summer.
- I’m sorry, but I’ve agreed to rent it to a family from Galicia.
- Can’t you make an excuse and tell them you’ve changed your mind.
- No, we’ve already signed a contract. My hands are tied, I’m
3. - Dan’s in hospital. He’s had a nervous breakdown.
- I’m not surprised with all the work he’s been doing lately. He’s
got two full-time jobs and he sometimes works through the night. He’s
really been burning the candle at both ends.
4. Wow, you look so sexy babe. That new dress is absolutely stunning and
that new gold necklace is beautiful. You look like a million dollars.
5. - How can you be so selfish? It’s my birthday and you’re going on a
fishing weekend with your mates?
- Wait a minute, hold your horses, I was going to invite you
to come along with us.
6. - I accused my daughter of taking my new pocket video camera, and
then I found it down the side of the sofa. I really shouted at her and
now I feel terrible.
- I think you’d better swallow your pride and ask her to
7. - The problem is, I need to lose weight and I have to study English
for my final exams. I just don’t have enough time for everything.
- Why don’t you download some Mansión Ingles podcasts onto your mp3
player and listen to them at the gym. That way you can kill two birds
with one stone.
8. He’s so quiet and shy normally, but as soon as we got to the karaoke
bar Pepe stood up on the stage and started singing. He’s a dark horse.
La Mansión del Inglés C.B. - Todos los derechos