1. We were having a fantastic time until the police came and
broke up the party.
2. Please don’t come round between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. We’ll be
having a siesta then.
3. Don’t you think it’s time we bought a new bed? We’ve had this
one for nearly 15 years.
1. My wife earns a pretty good living. She sells medical supplies
to private hospitals and clinics.
2. I regret not buying that second hand electric guitar on eBay. It’ll
have been sold by now.
3. If no one offers to buy our flat, it’ll be sold by auction at
the end of the year.
1. “I’m really busy today. I don’t think I’ll be able to get a refund on
that coat I bought.”
- “Don’t worry darling, give me the receipt and I’ll take it back
2. My daughter’s so selfish lately. Yesterday she came in from work,
took something to eat, changed
her clothes and went out again without even speaking to me.
3. I saw a terrible accident the other day. A young boy fell off his
motorbike and was taken to hospital in an ambulance.
1. We didn’t use the tent the first night on the Camino de Santiago. We
were so tired that we checked
in to a hotel for the night. We’d been walking for 12 hours.
2. My granddad’s walking now. He had the hip replacement last
month and came our of hospital last weekend.
3. “How did you get from the hotel to the exhibition?”
- “I walked. It only took about 15 minutes.”
1. If everything goes to plan, I’ll have seen all the countries I
want to by the time I’m 55.
2. I’m sorry, I can’t make it for lunch tomorrow. I’m seeing/I’ll be
seeing/I’m going to see my therapist at 1 o’clock.
3. Charlie got the sack last week. He was seen taking money out
of the cash register.
La Mansión del Inglés C.B. - Todos los derechos