1. Tortoises, turtles and
snails have shells for protection against predators.
2. When the joey is born it crawls from inside the mother to the
pouch, a fold of skin
with a single opening that covers the nipples to protect the joey as it
continues to develop.
3. Octopuses, squid and cuttlefish have tentacles. The octopus
4. Tusks are elongated, continuously growing front teeth, usually
but not always in pairs,
that protrude well beyond the mouth of certain mammal species like
5. The skin of most types of fish is covered by scales.
6. The beak, is used by birds for eating, grooming, manipulating
objects, killing prey,
fighting, probing for food, courtship and feeding young.
7. Cats, lions, mice, foxes and many other mammals and primates (except
whiskers at the side of their mouths for tactile sensation.
8. Horses, sheep, goats, deer and cattle all have hooves at the
end of their feet. They grow
continuously and are worn down when the animal walks or runs.