1. Pepito’s getting married next month and
all his mates are going out
on a stag night the Saturday before the wedding.
2. The radio station sent me to interview five honest politicians. It
a wild-goose chase. I couldn’t even find one!
3. I’m sorry if my voice sounds a bit a strange. I’ve got a frog in
4. I’ll lend you my hard copy of ‘Phrasal Verbs for Idiots’, but I’ve
a lot and it’s a bit dog-eared.
5. Years ago, students used to learn English parrot-fashion,
they keep repeating everything the teacher says.
6. When driving, you must stop when you see a pedestrian on a zebra
7. The shiny bits of glass in the middle of the road that reflect your
headlights when you’re driving at night are called cat’s eyes.
8. Pepito likes drinking beer and whisky every day, but he doesn’t like
pigeon-holed as an alcoholic.
La Mansión del Inglés C.B. - Todos los derechos