Read the following article about an American football team and chose the best word for the 8 gaps in the text.

Schwarz wins control of the Tampa Tigers

US sports tycoon Jeff Schwarz has won control of The Tigers in a $2 billion takeover bid.
The American has secured the 28.7% stake owned by Software tycoons CJ Hawkes and Steve Ginsel, and now has more than 62% of the Florida club.
Red Football Ltd, acting on behalf of Mr Schwartz said the software giants had sold their stakes for 300p a share.
Club fans have strongly opposed Mr Schwartz's ambition all along and fear that ticket prices will rise (1) .
Mr Schwarz now wants to buy the rest of the club's shares. If he gets 75% plus one share, the Tigers could be delisted from the stock (2) and Mr Schwarz could transfer his debt onto the club.
If he can get 90% plus one share, he can make a compulsory purchase and take the other 10% of the club's shares.
With heavy (3) in the Tiger's shares taking place after the announcement, it is already looking increasingly likely that Mr Schwarz will quickly reach the 90.01% stake he needs to force out any remaining shareholders.
Shares closed up 34.25 cents, or 12.92%, at 299.25p on Thursday.
Mr Schwarz first showed an interest in buying the club last autumn and put forward a formal (4) in October, which was rejected by the board.
The owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is thought to be keen to exploit the strength of the Tigers' (5) in the US and Canada.
Two weeks ago, the club board said it could not recommend Mr Schwarz's second takeover proposal to shareholders because his business plan appeared to be too "aggressive".
His offers were rejected on the grounds that his plans relied too heavily on borrowed money. Diccionario online
The club's chairman David Gill said Mr Schwarz's business plan was "potentially damaging" to the club and could mean putting it in debt up to $500 m.
However, members of the (6) did agree that some shareholders might think the offer was a good one.
Angry Fans
Tampa's fans are angry at the latest news. Last year, they formed a shareholders' association to buy club shares and try to protect it from Mr Schwarz's ambitions.
A spokesman for Shareholders United, which represents 17% of the club's shareholders, said that Mr Schwarz was "no Bill Gates".
"He doesn’t have a (7) full of his own cash and he is, in effect, asking Tiger fans to pay for his takeover, to pay for increased ticket prices and increased merchandising," said spokesman Oliver Houston.
"We feel completely betrayed and let down by John Magnier and JP McManus."
They are estimated to have made a $140m (8) from their stake.
A spokesman for the two said: "They saw it as an investment. They got a very good deal."
'Game over'
"I'm giving up my season ticket," said Shareholders United president Nick Towle.
"I'm not putting a cent of my money into this guy's pocket."
Mr Towle said Shareholders United still hoped to stop the tycoon getting a 75% stake.
"If we can get to that 25% of the remaining shareholders, that would be great," Mr Towle added. "But it's looking like an uphill battle for us."
Analysts are convinced that the 76-year-old is unstoppable.
"I think it's pretty much game over now because the key to all this was exactly what Magnier and McManus would do with their stake in the club," said Richard Hunter of stockbrokers Hargreaves Lansdown.

*Consulta un PDF con la información y resumen de 100 libros en inglés
que puedes descargar en 1 único archivo.


  Haz click para comprobar las soluciones

Read the text again and answer the following questions.

1. What’s Jeff Schwartz's nationality?

2. Why are Tampa Tigers fans unhappy about the deal?

3. What were the main criticisms of Schwartz' business plan when it was first presented?

4. How is Nick Towle, the Shareholders United president, protesting against the takeover?
  Haz click para comprobar las soluciones

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52                

- Dispones de LIBROS y LECTURAS gratuitas en nuestra Web así como Libros en Inglés y Español en LECTORVIRTUAL.
- Dispones de más ejercicios gratuitos de inglés en la sección de EJERCICIOS y en la sección de PRÁCTICA de La Mansión del Inglés.
- De forma continua publicamos en nuestro canal de Facebook ejercicios para practicar y mejorar tu inglés.
- Accede a nuestros Cuadernos de Inglés gratis o bien suscríbete para recibirlos gratuitamente en tu email.

Descarga libros en inglés formatos pdf, epub y mobi


*También te puede interesar:

© Copyright La Mansión del Inglés C.B. - Todos los derechos reservados.
La Mansión del Inglés ®. Marca Registrada